Latest Plex Update Broke It

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
BigDad

Latest Plex Update Broke It

Post by BigDad »

Yesterday I updated the Plex app to version 1.21.4.4079 on my F2-210 running TOS version 4.2.08-2101111540-P1.04. Today I find a viewing process (Photos) hung and it cannot be cancelled. So I clicked the Reset button. After churning for a while and finally quieting down, I can access the Plex server via the management console, but the server contents stay Unavailable to any client, including the management console.

Any advice?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Latest Plex Update Broke It

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Can you take a screenshot to illustrate the problem?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

i know it isnt a very helpful comment but its constant issues with plex like this that i stopped using it and changed to just use DLNA Media Server, all my content are MP4's which are compatible and i only wanted internal viewing on TV's in the house, i havent had a single issue since using it but plex was nothing but trouble with updates and sync of content etc

so i would think about whether you really need to run plex or not
F2-210

TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Does have some problems after Plex is updated?Can you give me an example(often appear)?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
BigDad

Post by BigDad »

Attaching a screenshot of Unavailable libraries...

To sianderson, the only reason I'm using Plex is because the built-in DLNA server is too fragile to handle over 57,000 music files. I agree that Plex is challenging to manage.
Attachments
Plex.jpg
BigDad

Post by BigDad »

...and now the Plex app shows 2 servers by the same name (Northwoods_NAS). One has no content available, the other has the original content, but most of the metadata for everything but movies is gone (album art, etc.).
Attachments
Plex2.jpg
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

I had a similar issue, and it was due to Plex defaulting to "Secure Connections Required"
If you set it to preferred, it should resolve you issue.
2021-03-12 22_57_27-Plex.jpg
I only found out 'cos a message box popped up, in Plex, asking if you want to make it less secure so you can access the media.

I think it is because the TNAS is not providing an HTTPS connection.
My Ubuntu server, which I am moving my Plex server off, has an SSL certificate.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out the window.

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
3X WD RED PLUS 3TB (RAID5)
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

{L_BUTTON_AT}BigDad
Hi,
As screenshot : unable to connect to the server, the original database connection fails
You can reset plex and add new media library
BigDad

Post by BigDad »

I tried Resetting Plex earlier and that's when the 2nd set of libraries showed up. I also uninstalled Plex, rebooted the F2-210 and then installed it again, but nothing changed: still have 2 sets of libraries, one is unavailable and the other looks like a rebuild was incomplete, due to missing metadata. Per your instructions, I started another Plex Reset 20 minutes ago. The disk drives rattled for a bit as it started the rebuilding process, but the noise soon stopped and the CPU has been hovering at 4%-7% ever since. Plex app status still shows "Configuring..., please wait!"

I'll let it run a while longer, but I'm beginning to think I need to nuke Plex, restart TNAS, clear its files and cache without affecting the media files (need help with this), and then install and configure it again.

Thoughts?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Please try the second method of this link to troubleshoot viewtopic.php?f=75&t=364