How does the multimedia server refresh the content ?

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
alain.agret

How does the multimedia server refresh the content ?

Post by alain.agret »

Hi Terramasters !

I am facing some trouble with my current configuration :
Terramaster F5-420 / TOS 4.2.08
VLC 3.0.12
Terramaster Multimedia server 2.3.5

The multimedia server has a "music" folder where all my tracks are stored. At initial setting, it was able to see a scanning process as all the albums and tracks were getting populated into VLC.

Lately, i added few albums but they were not showing in VLC. Waited few hours and days and they were still not appearing. I reseted the server and finally got the content listed again.

I am assuming the content is automatically listed when you drop new tracks into the "music" folder but so far, it does not work anymore. I am saying anymore because before the last uppate, I cannot remember having such an issue.

Can anybody help me with this situation, anything to be checked or I am doing wrong ? I played already with the SSDP time, does not seem to have any effect here. I do see the NAS in UPNP but new content does not show up.

Best regards,
Alain.
F5-420 / TOS 4.2.09-2101251735-P1.04
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: How does the multimedia server refresh the content ?

Post by TMS »

Hi,
1. Reinstall the app, will it still appear? Was the "music" folder created by yourself or by the application?
2. If it still exists, Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely?You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
alain.agret

Post by alain.agret »

Hi,

Remove and reinstall the multimedia server => new content visible (as at reinstall, it checks for new content)

Place new content on the server, waited 30 min, still not visible (2x times the SSDP time even I do not believe this is related)

I rebooted the NAS itself and it seems that, on reboot, it scans the folders as new content is visible.

Place new content on the server, not visible after 1h.

How does the content update work on the server please ? I cannot find any options about scanning automatically every x minutes or on new content.

Alain.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}alain.agret
Hello,
This is because VLC media player does not automatically refresh the content in TNAS. After you add new songs, just exit VLC media player and re-enter VLC media player to see the newly added songs.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
alain.agret

Post by alain.agret »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply but subject does not seem that easy.

I do believe there is a content refresh issue somewhere on the server. I tried with 4 different clients (VLC PC, VLC Android, Connected TV, media center of the internet provider device), none of them sees any content update on the NAS F5-420. They all do see the NAS in UPnP, they all do play music from the NAS in UPnP but none can see a content update.

Can you please investigate that ? That's not a job stopper but really annoying bug.

Best regards,
Alain.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Maybe you can try version 3.0.11.
Is the shared folder where the new content is located available?
vlc.png
Can you view the newly added music through the Windows Media Player that comes with the system?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
alain.agret

Post by alain.agret »

Hi,

3.0.11 did not bring any benefit.

Windows media server was tested too (as you mentionned) and same result, i do not see the latest addition on the NAS

All the music is located in one and unique folder, visible by all my players. Issue seems to still be that the server does not broadcast the new content, it needs a refresh that does not happen automatically. I have to reinstall the multimedia server on the NAS or reboot the NAS itself which is, for both cases, annoying for such a small bug.

Alain.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}alain.agret
Hello,after our test, VLC player and Windows Media Player can still display newly added content quickly,but you need to close the player window and then open the player again.
Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely? You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

i have literally just dropped a file into the folder from my PC and it shows on my TV immediately in the DLNA folder
F2-210

alain.agret

Post by alain.agret »

Well, updated to the latest software & patch and ... Still no update automatically :(

There is something blocking the propagation of update software but I have no idea what ...