F5-421 8GB RAM Module Upgrade

Hardware compatibility like hard drive, SSD, memory module, Wi-Fi adapter.
Asgaroth

F5-421 8GB RAM Module Upgrade

Post by Asgaroth »

Hi,

I have the TM F5-421 nas device, it comes with 4GB of memory, however, I believe we are able to upgrade the nas to 12GB by adding in an extra 8GB memory module.

I checked your amazon store and it appears that you only have the 4GB RAM module available there.

According to the F5-421 compatibility listing here for the RAM modules, it says to use the TerraMaster KBM800 module, am I able to obtain this module in Europe?

If I cannot obtain the KBM800 module for TerraMaster is there a preferred brand, that will suffice, sometheing like the HyperX 8GB SODIMM or the Crucial 8GB SODIMM

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F5-421 8GB RAM Module Upgrade

Post by TMSupport »

Only TerraMaster RAM module is accepted, otherwise the device may be not rebooted after adding the new RAM.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Asgaroth

Post by Asgaroth »

Where can I order the 8GB memory module from? I had a look at your store page here, and it doesnt appear that you have the 8GB modules available there.

Also came across the PHS 8GB SODIMM which claims to be 100% compatible with TerraMaster.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Asgaroth wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 16:32 Where can I order the 8GB memory module from? I had a look at your store page here, and it doesnt appear that you have the 8GB modules available there.

Also came across the PHS 8GB SODIMM which claims to be 100% compatible with TerraMaster.
It has not been officially tested and certified.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Asgaroth

Post by Asgaroth »

I can confirm that the Crucial CT102464BF160B 8GB memory module works in my F5-421.

My NAS now see's 12GB memory and is much happier, YMMV