Toshiba N300 compatibility

Hardware compatibility like hard drive, SSD, memory module, Wi-Fi adapter.
lrotk

Toshiba N300 compatibility

Post by lrotk »

Hi, I have one Terramaster F4-220 and a D4-310. Until now, I was using Seagate IronWolf for NAS unit and Barracuda for DAS backup. I would like to buy another harddrive and I have seen a Toshiba N300 10TB with a good price compared with other Seagate/WD devices.

In the list of HD recommended for using with Terramaster NAS/DAS HW, Toshiba N300 was a recommended unit but now all Toshiba harddisks are erased from this list and they do not appear at all. How it was the reason? May I continue with N300 purchase? Any bad experiences?

Thanks.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Toshiba N300 compatibility

Post by TMS »

This hard drive is too noisy, we don’t recommend it.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

so is this all you are basing your compatability on is the noise it makes, rather than whether it will work or not?

can i ask for your reason why Seagate barracudas arent on the compatibility list either (despite me running one for almost a year now), it certainly is compatible with the F2-210
F2-210

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Seagate Barracuda is not recommended because many users reported performance issue of this HDD especially when it's configure as RAID.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)