UPS Compatibility and model numbers

Hardware compatibility like hard drive, SSD, memory module, Wi-Fi adapter.
HenryBarnett

UPS Compatibility and model numbers

Post by HenryBarnett »

Hi,

This is my first post here and I'd like to say hello to all of you. :)

I have just purchased a TerraMaster F4-210 NAS. I have 3 questions:

1. The model types on the list found at https://www.terra-master.com/global/com ... ity/#tab-6 appear to all be for the USA. It is almost impossible to find the equivalents for Europe (I live in France). Changing my region does not give any different model numbers. Can anyone help with the the European model numbers or give me the functions necessary for a UPS to give the signal that the NAS must shutdown and give it enough time to do so, and reboot when the power comes back. What is the minimum power if I use it just for the NAS or add my router, which in a few hours will be with fibre optique.

2. I have 4 x 4TB Disks and wish to use Raid 5 giving me 12TB of storage. Is it best to use 1 storage space of 12tb and several volumes or say 2 or 3 storage spaces each with 1 or 2 volumes.

3. If I have already made 1 storage space of 3TB and a couple of volumes inside it, and wish to change to 1 storage space of 12TB, can I delete the first storage space and volumes and start over. No data has been uploaded to the NAS yet.

Have a lovely day,

Henry
TMtina
TerraMaster Team

Re: UPS Compatibility and model numbers

Post by TMtina »

Hello, welcome to contact our team. In response to your question:
1. Choose Control Panel > Hardware and Power >UPS, and set the wait time for entering Safe mode. The minimum power consumption is 3 to 5w.
2. You are advised to use one storage pool instead of multiple storage pools to protect data and expand storage space.
3. If you haven't uploaded your data yet, you can delete it and start over. If you upload data, make sure you back up your data before deleting it.
HenryBarnett

Re: UPS Compatibility and model numbers

Post by HenryBarnett »

Thanks for your reply. Got it for the storage space and volumes. Going back to the UPSs what is the wait time I should enter and regarding the minimum power consumption, what does that refer to? Is it the UPS or the NAS?

Return to “Compatibility”