How to use a UPS with TOS?

Hardware compatibility like hard drive, SSD, memory module, Wi-Fi adapter.
macronencer

How to use a UPS with TOS?

Post by macronencer »

I happen to have a UPS and wondered if I could use it with my TNAS (F5-221). I found the list of compatible UPS devices but it doesn't contain my model (APC ES - BE850G2). Is there a good chance it might nevertheless be usable? If so, how would I find out and set it up? Is there some application I can install in TOS that can receive UPS messages?

Thanks!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: How to use a UPS with TOS?

Post by TMSupport »

Models that are not in the compatibility list are not recommended.

UPS Help Guide
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
macronencer

Post by macronencer »

OK, I understand. I suppose I could try it, but I've decided instead to order a compatible UPS, to be on the safe side. My existing one can be used for other equipment anyway. Thanks for your help!
macronencer

Post by macronencer »

I've hooked up the UPS to the NAS, but I'm a bit stuck. For some reason it's hard to find the information about this... I don't understand how I can enable it in TOS. I found the "enable UPS" page, but it asks me for the UPS IP address... I have a BackUPS CS500, which connects via a weird USB cable with an RJ45 at one end. How would that have an IP address? I'm confused about how this all works, and the manual for the UPS isn't any help. Is there something obvious I've missed?

Thanks in advance!
macronencer

Post by macronencer »

OK, never mind. It seems to have detected the UPS now. For some reason it took a very long time, and I assumed it wasn't working!