Slow copy to USB from RAID5 in TNAS

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
thedutchmans

Slow copy to USB from RAID5 in TNAS

Post by thedutchmans »

I have 4 3TB Hitachi HGST 7200 RPM disks, configured in RAID5. I have a 4TB USB3 disk, formatted NTFS, attached to the TNAS. In SSH, I'm trying to rsync a folder from the RAID5 volume to the USB3 disk. Total number of files is around 10,000. Total amount of data is under 4TB. Copies to the USB3 disk max out at 30MB/s. I don't have ClamAV installed on the TNAS. Why is the file transfer so slow?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Slow copy to USB from RAID5 in TNAS

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise your TNAS model number and current TOS version. Did you use USB Copy to transfer the files?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
thedutchmans

Post by thedutchmans »

Sorry, I thought I mentioned that it is a F4-210. Per my post, I did not use USB Transfer- I connected to the NAS over SSH, then used RSYNC to copy from the NAS to a USB 3 disk.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please test the speed of a single big file using SSH, also please test with command cp to see what speed could you get.
The speed would be about 30 MB/s when transferring a huge amount of small files.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
thedutchmans

Post by thedutchmans »

Of the 10,000 files I was copying, 98% of them are over 1.5GB.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

We will test the speed according to your description and get back to you when the result is confirmed.