TNAS F5-420

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Lrobert

TNAS F5-420

Post by Lrobert »

Hi
My NAS just stopped Operating- all drive lights are re, no startup. I had 5 drives in and I find it hard to believe that all 5 drives failed. I have tried a new drive that I know works, still nothing. The NAS is not found on the network anymore. I have tried a new cable. Any way to reset the device? any Ideas

Thanks for any help
Lrobert
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TNAS F5-420

Post by TMSupport »

Can it enter the initialization interface if you turn on the machine without a hard drive in it?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Lrobert

Post by Lrobert »

no the device is not found at all
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

When your device is booted without any hard drives, how about the status of the LAN indicator? Is it red, green or dimmed? Could the device be powered off within 5 seconds by pressing the power button?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Lrobert

Post by Lrobert »

The LAN indicator does not light at all, I did check the cable and connection with my laptop and they work fine. The unit does power off after 5 second. I tried removing all hard drives and did a hard reboot. The strange thing is that all HDD indicators are red even when the drives are not connected. It is very frustrating because of the TOS OS I can't just add the drives to my PC and copy all my backup files to my windows OS. ANy suggestion regarding getting my terra-master working?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It's possibly the built-in boot USB is corrupted.
Please follow the instructions below to burn a new one to see whether it's ok.
File link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/co93n1r2hks0q ... e.zip?dl=0
Condition: centos6 system or above, a new USB hard drive with capacity over 1G
1 Extract burn usb hard drive system package, upload it into centos system/mnt directory
2 Insert burn usb hard drive into centos server,and input following command:
cd /mnt
chmod +x make_install
chmod +x grub.cfg
./make_install bzImage
After the new USB flash drive is burned, please remove the old one from the device, connect the new one to reinstall the TOS.
Lrobert

Post by Lrobert »

thanks for your help
I am not familiar with the CentOS 6 OS but I was able to download the installation ISO that I burned to a DVD. I then then installed the OS to a USB Stick. I am now able to boot my computer with the CentOS 6. I did download and extract the Burn file but when I try to place those files in the system folder mnt as per the instructions I get an error message stating permission is denied. How do i get the burn files into the mnt folder. I also have a new usb stick for the built in boot. Does it need to be formatted?
Thanks again
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise whether it’s ok to let our engineer has a remote session to help you. You can contact us at support(at)terra-master.com to confirm it.
cloun203

Post by cloun203 »

I have F2-210, TOS 4.1.27

Problem: USB files cannot be accessed from TOS application (web UI) for admin.

I mount USB SD card to USB port. I cannot access files from the TOS application (web browser) under admin account. It reports Permission denied. At the same time It opens top level list of folders but doesn't allow going inside because of the issue.

I can access the files via SMB service though. No issues. Only for accessing from TOS directly.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

When you SMB access your USB files, could you write to the USB?