Reported storage pool size

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
pookie69

Reported storage pool size

Post by pookie69 »

I have a F4-210 with 4x12TB drives. Everything was going well and the array was reporting fine until i dumped bunch of data on it. The total data equals to approximately 34.2TB. For days the NAS was making noises and arranging data. After it queted down I noticed one day that the drive size in Windows was wacky and reported in PT (peta bytes). Windows also says it's full and I cannot add anything anymore. Note that everything was fine immediately after the transfer.

Attached is the screenshot from the TNAS Utility.

What is going on? Should I be concerned? It seems to work and I can access data so far.
Attachments
Capture.jpg
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Reported storage pool size

Post by TMroy »

May i know which raid you configured for your 4 drives?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pookie69

Post by pookie69 »

RAID 0
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

So you have created more than one volumes, is that correct? Your volume #1 is almost full, but it is fine. when your volume #1 full, you can create or use volume #2. But I just moticed that your capacity Measurement was wrong, we will replicate the issue here.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pookie69

Post by pookie69 »

No, there is only one volume which was reporting just right until I copied 34TB on it. Like I said, there was lots of drive activity for many days, when nothing was accessing it, until I rebooted it. I am backing up the changes now to see if I need to rebuild it.

Not happy with the behaviour though.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The newly set raid need very long time to sync.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=473
pookie69

Post by pookie69 »

After I moved the data on it, it was left on for over a week. It was definitely busy doing something while nothing was accessing it. It doesn’t seem to go to hibernation at all. Constantly spinning.
pookie69

Post by pookie69 »

Today I discovered a corrupt file.

I am still moving data back to another safe place in order to troubleshoot.

Please see below. Something is really messed up.
Attachments
Capture3.jpg
Capture2.jpg
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please send an email to suppor(at)terra-master.com, we will ask our technician to remotely check for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
pookie69

Post by pookie69 »

Thanks for suggestion.

I’m trying to copy off all the data from it before doing any further testing. I’m already experiencing some corrupted files. I will attempt to rebuild it and see if that works. All drives are brand new. I’m not expecting individual failures. But the array definitely has issues. Could that be the enclosure hardware or OS?