Upgrade existing drivves

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
rgreen2002

Upgrade existing drivves

Post by rgreen2002 »

Hi everybody,

I'm using an F4-220 Terramaster NAS. It works fine...
I have two 4TB hard drives and two 3TB drives with Raid 5 configuration.

I would like to upgrade a 3TB drive to my newly purchased 6 TB. Is there a procedure for that?

Many thanks for your help.
rgreen2002

Re: Upgrade existing drivves

Post by rgreen2002 »

Nobody?

I tried to hot-swap and found that with the new drive in place I could not click the radio button for "repair raid". I was forced to turn the drive off then back on. A lot of strange things happened but eventually, I had to return the old drive and my data are intact for now. I would like a little insight before I try that one again.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, our TNAS supports hot swap. You can pull out the 3TB drive at power on stage, and it should prompt you that hard drive is missing, you can insert the 6TB drive, and go to storage pool- click edit- and select "Repair the RAID". Please post a screenshot here if this option could not be clicked.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rgreen2002

Post by rgreen2002 »

Thanks, I'm not sure what happened last time since I did the exact same thing but everything appears to be working with the swap now. What is interesting is that I have 2 different but same storage pools.
Raid.png
Can I just delet the old Raid 5.45 TB one after the rebuild?
Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

For the secure of your data, it's better to let our technician to check it remotely to see what's the reason for this problem. You can contact us at support(at)terra-maaster.com
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rgreen2002

Post by rgreen2002 »

OK... so next issue.

I was able to get things going as I showed in my last post picture. I got to about 70% of the rebuild when we had a power failure(perfect F-ing timing, right!!?). Now when I try to log on I get this:

NAS redux.png

I cannot access the drive in any way via the desktop app.
I still have the old 3TB RAID drive but I am not sure what I should do next.
Thanks
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Your system may crash due to power outage, try to follow the menu reset your system, BUT! if you get a prompt and ask you setup a raid, you need to stop it immediately, or to continue you may lost all your data!

If this happens, write an email to our Tech team and ask for a remote checking, maybe there still a chance to rescue your data, I am not sure this will really help, just give them a try.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
rgreen2002

Post by rgreen2002 »

OK, so the next prompt is to "Set up a volume" which I suspect is what you were mentioning. How do I get an email to the support center?
Thanks.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The email address of support team is support(a)terra-master.com.

Return to “Storage”