Best way to add further drive F220

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
wizaird

Best way to add further drive F220

Post by wizaird »

Hi, I have an f220 witha 4tb drive which has 600gb in use so far.
It was initially setup as a single drive (volume 1). however now I cans see how this is going I would like to introduce either the same size another larger drive in bay 2 and change the setup to Raid 1 or a larger one but don't want to lose data on the first drive.

My idea for putting a larger drive in Bay 2 (10tb) for example would be to then upgrade Bay 1 with the same sized hard drive at a later date.

Question is how best to do this ?

Do i need to backup everything to a Usb storage device or the cloud and then start over or can I just add another hard drive in the bay and then set the Raid myself.

thanks Dave
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Best way to add further drive F220

Post by TMSupport »

If you want to add another drive to build RAID1, you can insert the new drive in at power on stage, and then go to TOS Control panel -storage manager - Storage pool, check the current Storage pool, click Edit, and select "upgrade RAID" from the list. Single drive could be upgraded to RAID1 without losing data in Single.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
wizaird

Re: Best way to add further drive F220

Post by wizaird »

Hi,

that is great advice and sounds very logical.

One further thing ...with Mapping.....

Initialy I logged in to the TNAS app and clicked Map drive; this it did but I have since decided I am not happy with the layout. When do the same procedure and click MAP nothing comes up now ?
Could you explain why and what I would need to do to alter this ?

thanks Dave