Where are the files located for the apps?

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
ttswoboda62

Where are the files located for the apps?

Post by ttswoboda62 »

I just setup an f2-220 with a WD Red 4TB Nas Drive. All went well in the setup - I see my shared drive but where are the files stored on the drive for the apps? - I tried to un-hide files in the folder properties - but still can't find them. I installed docker, and cant' find any files supporting docker on the drive. It's as if they don't exist - which is impossible. What's crazy is that before installing the WD 4tb I had a couple of 500 gb drives laying around that I had in the f2-220 and I could see the folders where the apps were installed.
So, I'm working on an installation of a media server run through docker and it would be a real help, if I could see the actual paths to the folders on the drive. I would be grateful if someone could relate to me, if their is a permission setting that I need to invoke in order to see where my apps are are installed. - Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Where are the files located for the apps?

Post by TMSupport »

There is a folder named docker under appdata shared folder, you can check at TOS webpage - File Manager to see whether your needed information is there.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

I don't see anything under the appdata folder it's almost like I do not have permission to see anything in it.. I want to blitz my plex media server folder but I cannot see it..
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

ok there is an application folder under the mnt direcroty which is not visible to the file manager. I needed to clear down the plexmediaserver directory because of corruption. The ONLY way I could do this was delete my volume.. luckily this is a backup nas... however I would like to know how I can do this in the future without all this hassle and data loss...
DiscoSi

Post by DiscoSi »

scoobyfizz wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 23:46 ok there is an application folder under the mnt direcroty which is not visible to the file manager. I needed to clear down the plexmediaserver directory because of corruption. The ONLY way I could do this was delete my volume.. luckily this is a backup nas... however I would like to know how I can do this in the future without all this hassle and data loss...
Some of the folders that TOS creates are actually btrfs file system subvolume so can't be deleted in the usual way. Have a read of:

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php ... _directory
F5-221 TOS 4.2.09 4x4TB Seagate Ironwolf, 1x240GB Ironwolf SSD (Cache)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Thanks for the info... I don't understand it but I have the info now...
Niblo

Post by Niblo »

DiscoSi wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 03:03
scoobyfizz wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 23:46 ok there is an application folder under the mnt direcroty which is not visible to the file manager. I needed to clear down the plexmediaserver directory because of corruption. The ONLY way I could do this was delete my volume.. luckily this is a backup nas... however I would like to know how I can do this in the future without all this hassle and data loss...
Some of the folders that TOS creates are actually btrfs file system subvolume so can't be deleted in the usual way. Have a read of:

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php ... _directory
Hmmm, this is an interesting explanation. Thank you for this and sharing a link, very useful. When I get back to my home in Portugal later today I will read it more carefully.
Home in Portugal https://tranio.com/portugal/detached/ where I live