Enabling SSD cache deletes all shared data

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Gareth

Enabling SSD cache deletes all shared data

Post by Gareth »

I have a new F5-221 with TOS 4.1.24-2005151013, 3 x 3TB WD drives and Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD.

When I first setup the device I did not install the SSD. I setup the WD drives as RAID5 and created 1 user and 1 shared folder. I copied ~1.5TB data into the shared folder. I then added the SSD to the system and enabled the SSD cache. The system rebooted and all data in the shared folder was gone.

The data still existed because the drive usage showed the same amount as before the reboot but I could not see it using windows explorer, TOS file explorer or SSH.

I deleted the shared folder to recover the space, created it again and copied the data again to the new shared folder. I then checked and discovered SSD cache was still not enabled. I enabled again, the system rebooted and again the shared data was gone. I checked and SSD cache was still not enabled so I again enabled it, the system rebooted and this time the cache is enabled. Again, the disk shows the space is being used but the shared folder is empty (except for the #recycle folder) and again I cannot find the files/folders using any method.

1) I think this is a bug.
2) How can I recover my folders without have to transfer my data again?

Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Enabling SSD cache deletes all shared data

Post by TMSupport »

Your email has been received and replied, a remotely check will be arranged.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

This was on me. I needed to re-mount the shared folder and enter my encryption key for the files to show.

Support was excellent.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Great to hear issue was resolved.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Storage”