When HDD added, pool storage automatically added and creation hang to 60%

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
vincentld

When HDD added, pool storage automatically added and creation hang to 60%

Post by vincentld »

Hello,

I added 2 more hdd in slot 2&3, then boot TNAS F4 210.
A storage pool has been automatically created, but I cant edit it, without any RAID settings.

I tried:
- create a new storage pool with these HDD, it hangs at 60%
- delete the automatically created storage pool, it disappear for 2-5 seconds, then reappear
- delete the hanged storage pool blocked at 60%, I cant, it errors with message: "Delete Storage Pool #2 Before you delete a storage pool, you need to delete all the volumes it contains". But there are no volume set with this pool...

in /var/log/messages, a cat messages | grep err shows:
May 28 08:15:43 TNAS daemon.err nmbd[6770]: STATUS=daemon 'nmbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections
May 28 08:27:36 TNAS daemon.err block: unable to load configuration (fstab: Entry not found)
May 28 08:27:36 TNAS daemon.err block: no usable configuration

and /etc/fstab is a link to /tmp/fstab, which doesn't exist.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: When HDD added, pool storage automatically added and creation hang to 60%

Post by TMSupport »

Please reinstall the TOS with the first one hard drive. Please go to TOS Control panel - general settings - Update & Recovery - restore to factory default to reinstall the TOS system. Then insert the two new drives to configure RAID again, you don't have to reboot the device after new drives inserted.
What RAID mode do you want to create?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: When HDD added, pool storage automatically added and creation hang to 60%

Post by TMroy »

May I know what kind of drives you inserted to your slot 3&4? Please only use drives with good condition.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)