adding drive

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
mfinn999

adding drive

Post by mfinn999 »

I have a F2-223. I set it up with one 8TB drive using TRAID. I added a second drive, it says it was configured correctly. Is there any way to know the status of the synchronization process? It has been over 8 hours. There is no indication that it's running, or how long it will take.
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Re: adding drive

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}mfinn999
Please refer to this link:viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1542 。 After completing the above operations, you can see the progress of data synchronization in Control Panel>Storage Pool.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mfinn999

Post by mfinn999 »

I can complete the process of adding the drive to the storage pool, it asks me to select the drive, when I confirm, it says "configuring...", then configuration saved, but the settings never change. It still only shows HDD 1 in the storage pool. I can create and delete a new storage pool on HDD 2, but I'd prefer to combine them into one drive.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

what is your second drive capacity?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mfinn999

Post by mfinn999 »

Ahh, thank you for the pointer, for some reason I did not notice this until now.

They are both 8TBG drives, but the drive in the storage pool is 7.27TB and the drive I'm trying to add is 7.20TB. Does this mean I need to move the data to the smaller drive and then add the larger drive?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The drive capacity your newly added to RAID can not less than the smallest capacity in the RAID.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
mfinn999

Post by mfinn999 »

I swapped the drives, so now the storage pool is on the 7.20TB drive, and I am trying to add a 7.27TB drive to it. The storage pool is configured with TRAID. When I add the drive, it can see it, I can configure and confirm and I see a message that says "Configuring..." and then it goes back to the storage pool view but it still only shows the 7.20TB drive. I see no extra HDD activity. I have tried restarting multiple times, but it does not allow me to add the drive. Is there a log for this?