Removed drives not remounting

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
claudiofranck

Removed drives not remounting

Post by claudiofranck »

This may seem different; however, I have used my 221-F5 bays 2-4 to backup an older failing NAS, I put the data on several drives, some traid (but just 1 drive volume) some single. I tested both, copied some data, removed them. reinserted them a couple of days later rebooted and I had access to the data copied on those drives. I worked for both types, single and traid, however, a couple of the drives no longer mount when inserting and rebooting I am able to read a couple of them and not another couple, please help me mount or do something to read them back.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Removed drives not remounting

Post by TMroy »

Why you removed, inserted, copied and removed then inserted your drives? are you sure you did not mix them? It is a NAS, not DAS. Your operation may mix up drives and raid configuration. In this case, you have to reinstall the TOS, but I am not sure if a reinstallation can resolve the issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)