Emptying Recycling Bin doesn't free up storage

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
alinwrkshp

Emptying Recycling Bin doesn't free up storage

Post by alinwrkshp »

I have a single volume with 5 hard drives. I store my security camera footage and delete it on a regular interval. I normally delete the footage through a folder share from my pc on the same network as the NAS. After deleting the footage, I also empty out the Recycling Bin in the same network folder.

This last time it didn't free up the space. When I look at the folder in the TOS File Manager I only have 5 TB utilized, but the Volume is reporting 14 TB is utilized. I don't have snapshots enabled or anything that I know of that's taking up anymore space. There are only a few other folders on this NAS that have anything in them.

How do I get the system to release the space from the deleted files from the recycling bin.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Emptying Recycling Bin doesn't free up storage

Post by TMSupport »

You can view volume usage details by clicking "More" in Control Panel - Volume.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
alinwrkshp

Re: Emptying Recycling Bin doesn't free up storage

Post by alinwrkshp »

Looking at the details, it just lists the unclaimed space as "Other". I can see my camera folders under the "shared folders" and it's size looks right.