I can't find Volume 1

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
doctorase

I can't find Volume 1

Post by doctorase »

Hi, my Plex can only search to add a library in a volume 1 directory, where also exist a few folders of some of the 3rd party adds that I've installed today (not all apps). I only have one user and it has all permissions, and Plex app also has all permissions.
The real problem is that I only have one HDD installed, named volume 2 in disk manager and file explorer. I'm file explorer I can't find the volume 1 and folders that show Plex when I search for the library.
What and where is this Volume 1? How I can use Plex with volume 2 and the normal files that i have? Why some apps are installed in Volume 1 and another in Volume 2?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: I can't find Volume 1

Post by TMSupport »

1. Go to Control Panel--User Group, edit the permission of "media".
2. You can modify the installation location of the application in the app center - settings.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

I've already edited the permission of media and the Plex applications. The installation location is setup in Volume 2, because Volume 1 doesn't appear in any setting like instalation location, file manager or control panel-volume. It only shows in Plex library setting for search the location of the media folder. I've reinstalled a few time the OS with the upgrade to TOS5 and yesterday for a firewall issue. I don't know if the storage is fragmented in a Volume 1 that doens't exist for the core OS.

Another example is that i've installed in the same exact way some 3r party apps like ZeroTier, SyncThings, File Browser and TailScale. The first three apps i can't find the folder in the TOS file browser, but TailScale i can find it. In the Volume 1 that only exist in Plex search library only exist the folder of ZeroTier, SyncThings and File Browser.
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}doctorase

You can first update the system to TOS5.0.176, rename the Plex shared folder, then change the installation location of the application to the first volume in the application center-settings, and then uninstall and reinstall Plex.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

The TOS version is already TOS5.0.176. The Volume 1 doesn't appear on app center settings or any other side. Only in Plex settings, then i can't change the installation folder. I've reinstalled a few time Plex in Volume 2(the only that shows the config), also renaming the shared folder, but still in the same situation.

Like you can see in the last image, it shows Volume 1 and also a few 3r party apps that i can't find the folder inside TOS Volume 2 where i installed it.
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}doctorase

Regarding your question, can our technical engineer check it for you remotely? You can contact our technical support team by email or official website.
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

Okey, i will contact them. Thanks!
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

If I'm reading this correctly, this situation sounds similar to something I encountered yesterday when setting up Syncthing on a couple of Terramaster NASes. By default, Syncthing creates new target directories immediately under Volume 1. So when the second NAS is auto-accepting from a directory on the first NAS, the new directory there is created directly under root as Volume 1\<New Directory>.

This directory won't show up in the Terramaster File Manager. The File Manager seems to show the home directory of the user as the top accessible directory. Only shared directories (Volume 1/<Shared>) are ever shown by the File Manager. Unshared directories, like the Syncthing Volume1\<New Directory> never appear to the File Manager.

I had to ssh in to rm -rf the Volume 1\<New Directory> Syncthing had created, switch off auto-accept in Syncthing and recreate the Syncthing sync. With auto-accept switched off you get the option to edit the location of the target directory and so can change it from Volume 1\<New Directory> to (say) Volume 1\public\<New Directory>. Now it will show up in the Terramaster File Manager.

I have a vague idea that Terramaster's elFinder app might be able to handle unshared Volume 1\ directories. I've asked before here in the forum for suggestions about how it works on a Terramaster NAS but users of the app, if there are any, seem to have taken a vow of omertà.

--
Chris
alvamiler

Post by alvamiler »

doctorase wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 20:06 The TOS version is already TOS5.0.176. The Volume 1 doesn't appear on app center settings or any other side. Only in Plex settings, then i can't change the installation folder. I've reinstalled a few time Plex in Volume 2(the only that shows the config), also renaming the shared folder, but still in the same situation.

Like you can see in the last image, it shows Volume 1 and also a few 3r party apps that i can't find the folder inside TOS Volume 2 where i installed it.
Is your mistake fixable?