TRAID - Cannot Expand Volume Capacity

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Loccs26

TRAID - Cannot Expand Volume Capacity

Post by Loccs26 »

I created a TRIAD storage pool with one 12TB hard drive, from scratch. The instructions on https://www.terra-master.com/us/terramaster-traid state that if I add another drive (12TB's) and expand the storage pool it will rebuild. I did that.

After going to the volume, clicking on expand, its still greyed out. I cannot expand it to 24TB's. Nothing. Please let me know what I need to do for remote support and or provide better instructions here for me to follow.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TRAID - Cannot Expand Volume Capacity

Post by TMroy »

With two 12TB drives to build a TRAID, you can't get 24TB capacity, one drive need to be a redundancy drive, so you can only get 12TB capacity.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Loccs26

Post by Loccs26 »

The instructions on https://www.terra-master.com/us/terramaster-traid never stated this. Now I have to start over with them as single drives to get my full capacity....thanks......
Loccs26

Post by Loccs26 »

Can I un "rebuild the drives" to separate them again? If I turn it off, remove and drive and reboot, will it "recover" from the one? If so, then can I add the other drive as new again?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You can delete volumes and storage pools, and recreate storage pools with single-disk mode.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Loccs26

Post by Loccs26 »

Will this delete the files on the disk or retain them?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Deleting a volume will delete the data on the volume. You need to back up the data first.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Loccs26

Post by Loccs26 »

Will this delete the files on the disk or retain them?
Loccs26

Post by Loccs26 »

Sorry for the double post. I have a way forward even though its not the most optimal.