HDD in risk?

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Tricky
Great Britain

HDD in risk?

Post by Tricky »

Just got this on checking the HDDs ran a bad block scan but the in risk remains is there any other sort of scan and fix like windows uses to repair disk problems?
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: HDD in risk?

Post by Tricky »

Anyone encountered this before and is it a major problem?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi Tricky, your image does not display properly. Would you send it again and explain more details?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

I can see the image above perfectly well ?? will post it again,

If i go to TOS then control panel then hard drive ...the second option HDD this is what is showing.

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please power off your device, pull out HDD3 and reseat it, then reboot your TNAS to see whether it's ok.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

OK did that and its still reporting "in risk" and also its not visible unless i go through the "create new storage pool" which says all data will be deleted! so what happens now the HDD is 85% full of movies that i dont want to loose.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Should have known better and left it alone ...seems like every time you switch the TNAS off and on a new problem develops :x all the LEDs where red so thought i would do the usual reset and turn off and remove all HDDS and turn on and insert HDDs after the startup beep so did this and got the expected initialization screen and continued with the "use the TOS installed on the HDDs and now stuck on the 100% initialization screen with all light red again will try once more and then its back to contacting the tech team...again! said i would give Terramaster another try after all the problems i had when i first got the F5-221 but now i am wishing i had bought another make!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

What drive have you installed into your TNAS?
It seems something faulty in your drives. You better replace with a new drive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Well i have now narrowed it down to the drive that was "in risk" i couldn't get past the reset until i just added the other disks and left out the "in risk" one which on trying to access the contense it looks like all the 500 odd movies have been corrupted i am currently trying to recover them with the software i have but i dont think its good at recovering video files so it may be back to square one and starting all over again. :cry:
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Is there anything better that can be run on a windows PC that can access the file system created by the TNAS remotely via a HDD caddy?