HD Replacement Issues

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
bloodylemming

HD Replacement Issues

Post by bloodylemming »

In a RAID5, I've replaced 2 of my 4TB drives with 2x12TB drives. I went through the recovery process, one drive at a time, and the contents are accessible, but the volume size has not changed.

The hard drives are displayed at the proper size, but the capacity and volume size are at the previous values.
Under Storage Pool and Hard Drive, all the drives are the proper size. 2x4TB and 2x12TB (I expect approximately 22.4TB Capacity) I confirmed that the drives are formatted at their proper sizes, as well. Edit is greyed out.
Under Volume/Edit, Capacity and Volume Capacity show at 10.89TB, and so I can't change the Volume Capacity.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: HD Replacement Issues

Post by TMSupport »

Creating RAID 5 requires at least three hard drives.
How many hard drives did you use? How big is the capacity of the hard drive?
The capacity calculation method of RAID 5: the smallest hard disk size * (n-1). ‘n’ means the number of hard drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bloodylemming

Post by bloodylemming »

It's an existing RAID5, with 4 drives, 4 TB each, 8 TB total, with a total capacity of 10.89 TB (11162.54 GB).

I replaces 2 of the drives with 12 TB drives, bringing it to a total of 32GB (expecting a capacity of approximately 22 TB), but the Capacity and Volume Capacity still read 11162.54 GB.
Attachments
Screen 2.jpg
Screen 1.jpg
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The capacity calculation of RAID 5 is based on the smallest hard drive in the array. If you want to expand the capacity, you need to replace the other two 4TB hard drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)