Added new drive to RAID 5, TOS not reporting size correctly

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
leep

Added new drive to RAID 5, TOS not reporting size correctly

Post by leep »

I had four 8 TB drives in my F5-221 in a RAID 5 with about 15 out of 22 TB used. I added a 5th 8 TB drive and went through the Control Panel / Storage Pool (I believe) to add the new drive. It took about 48 hours to finish adding it.

Now if I go to Control Panel / Volume it says "14.85 TB out of 21.82 TB" which is what it was before adding the drive), but if I got to Control Panel / Storage Pool it says "21.82 TB out of 29.1 TB. In Windows where I have a drive mapped to the NAS, File Explorer reports it as 6.96TB free out of 21.8TB.

It SHOULD be 14.85 TB used out of 29.1 TB. Did I do something wrong? How can It get it to correctly report the additional 8 TB I've added? I've already restarted the NAS and that had no effect.

NAS Storage Pool.png
NAS Storage Pool.png (8.97 KiB) Viewed 736 times
NAS Volume.png
NAS Volume.png (8.71 KiB) Viewed 736 times
NAS Windows Explorer.png
NAS Windows Explorer.png (3.58 KiB) Viewed 736 times
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Re: Added new drive to RAID 5, TOS not reporting size correctly

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}leep
You can select the volume, click Edit Volume, and then modify the capacity of the volume to see if the volume can be expanded successfully. If not, please refer to the operation link:viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2342
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
leep

Re: Added new drive to RAID 5, TOS not reporting size correctly

Post by leep »

Thank you! It was that simple. Did I just miss that last step in the documentation? All I had to do was go to Control Panel / Volume, select the volume and click the [Edit] button, then click the [Max] button next to the "Volume capacity (GB)" field to increase that to the total capacity of the drive. Now everything (including Window's File explorer) reports the correct amount of total/used/free space.