Cannot expand Storage Pool - Edit Storage Pool is grayed out

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
taskmaster

Cannot expand Storage Pool - Edit Storage Pool is grayed out

Post by taskmaster »

I am fairly new to NAS configuration and F5-422 is my first TerraMaster product. Therefore, I apologize if my question may seem naive. I have successfully created a new storage pool with two 14TB drive (TRAID). Now I want to add two 4TB drives that I have lying around to the same storage pool. I can see that all four drives are listed and are ok.
CleanShot 2022-11-27 at 18.33.24.png
I am following instructions listed here on how to expand the storage space of TRAID: https://www.terra-master.com/global/traid
Nevertheless, when I try and go to Control Panel > Storage Management > Storage Pool > Edit I am unable to do so, as the Edit button is grayed out.
CleanShot 2022-11-27 at 18.32.42.png
How can I add my two 4TB drives to the TRAID storage pool?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Cannot expand Storage Pool - Edit Storage Pool is grayed out

Post by TMroy »

The newly added drive size can not be smaller than the smallest drive in the previous raid.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
taskmaster

Post by taskmaster »

Thanks!
taskmaster

Post by taskmaster »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

Another quick question. I have created a strage pool with two 4TB drives. Can I add a 14TB drive and, after that, a drive that is (let's say) 10TB?

Thank you for your assistance.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Sure. The newly added hard disk only needs to be larger than the smallest hard disk in the RAID.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)