Btrfs and snapshots problems

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
AlbertoGon

Btrfs and snapshots problems

Post by AlbertoGon »

I have a 2tb disk with btrfs and I activate snapshots every hour on an F5-221 unit, the problem is that after a while the whole computer stops responding and the only solution is to turn it off. If I physically disconnect the disk, the system works correctly again, but if I put it back, it locks up again after half an hour. I need a solution. Thank you
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Btrfs and snapshots problems

Post by TMroy »

computer stop responding? what did you mean?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
AlbertoGon

Post by AlbertoGon »

I wanted to say F5-221 but the translator put computer. After half an hour the F5-221 stops responding both through the web and through ssh, it can only be turned off by the button
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Are you using filesystem snapshots or the snapshot application? Which TOS version are you using?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
AlbertoGon

Post by AlbertoGon »

F5-221 4.2.39-2203011626. the snapshot application
AlbertoGon

Post by AlbertoGon »

Please can you help me?. Thank you
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The phenomenon you describe did not reproduce in our laboratory.
Please provide the following information to assist in troubleshooting.
1. Does the device still become unresponsive after disabling the snapshot application?
2. Details of the snapshot task.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
AlbertoGon

Post by AlbertoGon »

1.-The device responds correctly for between 15 minutes to 1 hour, there comes a time when it does not respond to restarting or shutting down both via web and ssh, then the entire nas F5-221 stops responding, however the hard drive leds continue blinking and the sound is heard, through the web it does not respond but it does not give an error either, it returns ping, neither through ssh, after a few hours it stops responding to ping. It can only be turned off with the button. Yes I can access the unit if I connect it by usb but I can't access the data part stored, only a basic part of usb. If I reboot with the unit mounted by usb the same thing happens to me, after a short time the nas stops responding.
2.- The problem began shortly after installing the Snapshot application that is included in TOS, it was configured to work every hour. Upon detecting the failures, he proceeded to cancel and uninstall it, but the unit continues to give problems every time it is mounted.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much.

I'm sorry if something is not well expressed since I use the google translator from Spanish.
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

If the snapshot application is disabled and the problem still occurs, it may not be caused by the snapshot application. Please contact our mailbox to clarify the problem, and we will provide you with remote technical support.
AlbertoGon

Post by AlbertoGon »

I have sent a query to technical support. Thank you very much