TerraMaster F4-210 baie 2 not working

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Coffee

TerraMaster F4-210 baie 2 not working

Post by Coffee »

Hi everyone,

So i bought the F4-210 Tnas, fo rmy small company.
Since day one, i bought 2 harddrives 3Tb each and putted erything on a Raid 1 config.
But when i putted the second HDD on teh baie 2 of the nas it was not deteced. I changed to the baie 3 and all worked fine.
I had another small HDD, that i configed has a BOD and putted in on Baie2. I works fine but it looks like its not 100%

So my question is: does the HDD placement counts on a raid 1 setup?

Thanks
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TerraMaster F4-210 baie 2 not working

Post by TMroy »

Hi Coffee,
If your drive was not detected by TNAS, you need to make sure your drives are well installed on the drive tray. you can pull out the drive,
and loose the drive from tray, and install it again.

As I have no idea what kind of RAID you set, so I can't tell you what is next to go to RAID 1. Did you already installed the TOS with only one drive?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rirvin

Post by rirvin »

I'm having the exact same issue with my F4-210. Except, it's bays 3 & 4 for me. I have 2 Singles in bays 1 & 2, loaded a 3rd HD in bay 3 and it's not detecting it. I put drive 2 in bay 3 and it doesn't read it. I even tried 4 with the previously described combinations and same issue.

I put the blank drive in bay 2 and it detects it no problem.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi rirvin,
Please follow the guide to make sure your drive has been installed correctly.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=574

If it still happen, please send email to: support(a)terra-master.com, tell them your story and ask for help.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rirvin

Post by rirvin »

Tech support told me to take the back cover off, remove the PCI card, clean the contacts with a pencil erasure, and reseat.
Did all that... now bay 1 doesn't work, bay 2 loaded, operated for a few minutes. I had closed my browser for a few minutes and when I tried to log back in it got stuck "loading" the screen and kept refreshing over and over.

Now what do I do?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please keep in touch with support(a)terra-master.com, and a replacement will be arranged for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)