How do I clone one volume to another? (HD upgrade)

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
djacobson

How do I clone one volume to another? (HD upgrade)

Post by djacobson »

I bought an F4-210 not too long ago. My main desire was to set up a Plex Media server. I had an 8tb and 6tb drives so I configured a storage pool of both drives in a Raid 0. I then added a 12tb drive as its own storage pool. So I have 2 volumes: 1 that has the 8tb and 6tb and the other has the 12tb. I just purchased a 14tb drive. Am I able to clone the Raid 0 volume to the 14tb drive? I'd like to replace the Raid 0 with the single drive.

Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: How do I clone one volume to another? (HD upgrade)

Post by TMSupport »

As for your questions, please make the 4th drive as single first, and then you can copy the data from RAID0 to the 14TB single.
It’s suggested to use Rsync server and backup to do it. Please see the instructions below:
First please set your TNAS as Rsync server, you can configure it at TOS Control panel – Network services –File services –Rsync server as the following picture shows. Please be noted that the folders you created on the new volume which will be set as destination folder should be added to “Authorized directory”.
001.png
Then you can go to Backup on TOS desktop, and check “Rsync Backup” to set up your task.
002.png
003.png

After the backup task has been finished, you can delete the volume and storage pool of RAID0, and make the hard drives as single.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)