Hard drive continually fills...

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
TheLastAstronaut

Hard drive continually fills...

Post by TheLastAstronaut »

Hi!

I've noticed that one of my three installed drives constantly fills over time to the point where the drive reads as completely full. I then empty the recycle bin and the drive drops down to the 10-15% full that I expect.

It almost immediately begins to fill again, even when I'm not writing to the drive or working with files on the drive at all. It does not seem to happen to any other drive in the device.

What's going on?

Thanks in advance!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Hard drive continually fills...

Post by TMSupport »

Please kindly advise your TNAS model number and current TOS version.
Please check whether you have installed Snapshot, and is there any scheduled task enabled.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TheLastAstronaut

TOS is 1.4.18, the model is an F4-210. My installed applications list is empty and I haven't tried to install anything or schedule any tasks.

Appreciate the help :)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Did you configure any raid mode for three drives? or are they working as Single disk?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TheLastAstronaut

Each is a single disk, set as a single disk in their own individual storage pool as attached.

I went to bed last night with just over 320 gig used on storage 1, and when I checked this morning it was 490+ gig used. I emptied the recycling bin, and it dropped back to 320 gig. It ticks up, constantly, about 3 mb per second (seems to refresh every 3 seconds or so, for roundabout 10 meg per refresh)
Attachments
singleDisks.PNG
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Could you take a screenshot of the information of the Volumes there. As for storage pool, it will be shown as full once all the space has been allocated to volumes even if there is no data under each volume. It's full because there is no other space to create a new volume.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
TheLastAstronaut

I only showed the picture of the storage pools to illustrate that they are their own single disks - didn't think they were full from that screen.

Here's a screenshot of each of the volumes expanded; is that what you meant?
Attachments
Capture.jpg
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

How about a remotely check? Could be be duplicated and shown to the engineer?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

TheLastAstronaut wrote: 25 May 2020, 09:58 I only showed the picture of the storage pools to illustrate that they are their own single disks - didn't think they were full from that screen.

Here's a screenshot of each of the volumes expanded; is that what you meant?
Did you make a cut and paste from one volume to another volume? before you empty the recircle bin, would you show us what files are inside the bin?
Would you show a image with high definition?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

I have found something similar after a having a dodgy HDD which i am now in the process of trying to recover and although the disk was only filled with movies and was configured as a single disk i am finding files that should only be on the RAID configured disks....there is something not right with the way the Terra master NAS works IMO!