HDD At Risk

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
blackrider

HDD At Risk

Post by blackrider »

Hi,

I have just purchased a new F4-201 three days ago. I removed 2 old WD RED HDDs (2 x 2TB WDC WD20EFRX-68E) from my previous NAS to this one. During the initialization, it told me that my HDD are at risk. For the first time, I successfully configured my new F4-210 and copied data to it; however, yesterday it completely stopped working and I lost everything on this NAS. I couldn't PING to it nor access its administration screen. When I used the TNAS app on my PC and found that it was completely deleted and became a brand new NAS. I couldn't do anything with it except for re-installing the whole system as a new one. But this time, after waiting for a long installation time, it told me that the installation failed at the TOS installation step (roughly at 90% of the whole installation process).

How can I fix this issue and bright my new F4-210 back? Is it about the HDD issue or do I need to insert brand new HDDs to the F4-210? I checked the HDD compatibility list and my old HDDs are listed in such list.

P.S.: after the first successful installation, my HDDs passed the HDD check by using F4-210 software, I used RAID-1. HDD bad block was not completed.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: HDD At Risk

Post by TMroy »

There are some issues on your drives, for your data safety, you better backup your data and replace them with new drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)