Sharing from USB on LAN

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
itsr0m

Sharing from USB on LAN

Post by itsr0m »

I have some docker containers running on my network that need to access data on a USB storage device attached to my F5-422, however nothing seems to be able to access the folders on that drive from the network, permission access is denied and I am unable to change any sharing settings from TOS5 as they are all greyed out. I can see the files in the drive from the interface and it looks like it defaulted to my user having permissions but theres no ability to mount that USB drive as a share or change the permissions so the containers or my computer can access the files without copying them to the internal drives. Even mounting the drives to my windows computer from the TOS Desktop app fails with "Access denied, configuration failed (error code 1219)

Is this functionality just not supported?
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Sharing from USB on LAN

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}itsr0m

Is your system the TOS 5.0 version? Try setting the permissions of the external storage device, if it still doesn't work, create a new shared folder to store the files.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)