SSD Cache not available in TOS 5.0.12

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Enigma55

SSD Cache not available in TOS 5.0.12

Post by Enigma55 »

I just updated to TOS 5.0.12 and I was able to now get my remote folders to mount successfully, so thank you! I am still having problems though with being able to create/enable an SSD cache. The screen for SSD Cache no longer times out on me, but everything is greyed out and it only says SSD cache not created. I have attached some screenshots of my settings and the different screens that may be of some help in understanding why I can't create a cache with my SSD drive which isn't part of my current volume.
Attachments
Hard Drive List.JPG
SSD Cache Disabled.JPG
SSD Cache Not Created.JPG
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: SSD Cache not available in TOS 5.0.12

Post by TMSupport »

Which version did you install before and was it possible to enable SSD cache in the previous version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Enigma55

Post by Enigma55 »

I have been installing each beta version as it is released so the previous version I had was TOS 5.093. I have never been able to get the SSD cache to work under the TOS 5 beta. I was able to get it setup and work just fine under the previous TOS 4 software.
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

Hello, what type of storage pool did you create? How many hard drives are used?
Enigma55

Post by Enigma55 »

It's a RAID 5 BTRFS 4 disk array. Hard Drive 1,2,3,5 are all 16GB Seagate IronWolf Pro drives that make up the array and Hard Drive 4 is a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Here is a screenshot that may help. As I said, I had no problem setting up a SSD cache before the TOS 5 beta. Now it won't even let me enable it on the volume or create it on the SSD cache screen.
Storage Pool.JPG
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: SSD Cache not available in TOS 5.0.120

Post by TMSupport »

Did you update from TOS 5.0.93 to 5.0.120? If yes, please try to reinstall TOS 5.0.120 to see if this issue still exists.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Enigma55

Post by Enigma55 »

Yes I updated from TOS 5.093 to 5.120. I just updated now to TOS 5.123, but I do not notice any difference with the cache settings and and still getting the same screenshot issues posted above. If you want me to reinstall the TOS OS how should I do that and what difference would that make with fixing the SSD cache issues?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please wait for the new version, we are going to release a new update very soon.
But this time, you need to reinstall the new version, the system permission has been changed from the beta version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Evg

Post by Evg »

5.0.124, fresh install, does not allow to setup SSD Cache.
Any updates on that?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

What kind of SSD are you using? The issue of not being able to use NVMe SSDs is being resolved.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)