f4-210 btrfs

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
adrian47uk

f4-210 btrfs

Post by adrian47uk »

When I first got my f4-210 it was able to use BTRFS, i had to do a re-set and now it can't use it, I can only use Ext 4, seems very strange, also no virus checker in the apps.
titanrx8

Re: f4-210 btrfs

Post by titanrx8 »

I believe that TM dropped support for BTRFS on the models with ARM processors.
TMym
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMym »

Hello,
If you install the TOS system at the time of purchase and use the BTRFS file system, the subsequent versions will be the BTRFS file system no matter how you upgrade.
If you reinstall the new TOS system, you can only use the EXT4 file system. Because our new version of TOS system does not support BTRFS file system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

when i had my F2-210 i used BTRFS and the system seemed very buggy
i changed to EXT4 and that settled it all down, the decision for TM to remove it as an option further proves that there was some sort of issue so probably best to stick to EXT4 to be honest

i also agree Clam AV has been removed from my apps list also, but to be honest this also seemed to caused issues around the same sort of time which settled down when i uninstalled it
F2-210

Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

adrian47uk wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 17:57 When I first got my f4-210 it was able to use BTRFS, i had to do a re-set and now it can't use it, I can only use Ext 4, seems very strange, also no virus checker in the apps.
with btrfs you have no backup (what a Nas should do). One bad HD and all you data are gone, change instead to an Raid 5
adrian47uk

Post by adrian47uk »

Thanks for the replies peeps, it is s hame that Terramaster have removed BTRFS,but if there were a problem with it then maybe it is for the best.
I use USB copy to back up anything that is very important, not the best way, but it works,.

i have a smart plug on a USB drive, it comes on just before USB copy is set to back up and then I have set a reminder on my computer/phone that the drive is active and need to be safely removed. Not great but it works, very important docs are backed up on a couple of flash drives and one is stored at work, I swap then if I update them.
It would be nice if there were a better back up app for the NAS unit.
Hardware wise the unit is great, but apps does let it down a bit, i did think about going for something different before I got the f4-210, like a Synology, but the price of the Terramaster spoke for me and to be honest, i only want it for file access, so it does the job for me.

I may get one of their DAS units one day.

Anyway, once again, thanks for the replies.