TOS5 and volume expansion

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Enigma55

TOS5 and volume expansion

Post by Enigma55 »

Has anyone had any luck with being able to expand their current storage volume on the latest beta of TOS 5? I am trying to now expand the size of my current disk volume. I recently added a fourth disk that is exactly the same size as my first three disks, and I wanted to expand the current volume to include this free space. The hard drive is added successfully and shows up in the storage pool, but I cannot expand the volume. I click edit on the volume and select the size of the new disk or use the max size button, which shows all the new free space, and then click ok. The notification says it's successful, but the volume size does not change. It's like nothing actually occurs at all. So far this new disk is a waste.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS5 and volume expansion

Post by TMRyan »

After receiving your feedback, we will resolve the issue in subsequent versions, you can try
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2342
During the attempt, you need to replace /mnt/md0 in the command with /Volume1, if you want to expand volume 2, you need to replace it with /Volume2
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
nolan39

Post by nolan39 »

I had this problem in TOS 4. I struggled with it for a long time until I chatted with one of my buddies. If you enter in the max capacity in manually but do .1 lower then it'll actually expand the volume. For some reason the max capacity button does not work.
capnhowyoudo

Post by capnhowyoudo »

nolan39 wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 02:44 I had this problem in TOS 4. I struggled with it for a long time until I chatted with one of my buddies. If you enter in the max capacity in manually but do .1 lower then it'll actually expand the volume. For some reason the max capacity button does not work.
This worked perfect for me ! I was about to start all over until I found this !
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626
4X WD Red Plus 8TB (RAID5)