Re-Adding Drive Without It Being Erased

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
bardsleydarren

Re-Adding Drive Without It Being Erased

Post by bardsleydarren »

Hi,
I've recently been hit by the ransomware attack that's been going around lately. I've restored and updated the OS, and have been trying to add some storage hard drives that were previously inside the NAS.

They contain an absolutely huge number of files, which I'm sure mostly wasn't encrypted, if at all. Although everything was backed up to external drives, it's going to take a lot of time for everything to transfer back. There's also a substantial amount of metadata on there, which hasn't been backed up recently, and will probably take weeks to re-edit.

Is it possible to add the drives back without them being formatted?

Thanks.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Re-Adding Drive Without It Being Erased

Post by TMroy »

Not really got what you mean. if you only reset the system, the data partition will remain unchanged, so you do not need to reformat it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bardsleydarren

Post by bardsleydarren »

I realize that. But when I try to add the disks individually to the storage pool, it's stating it has to erase the contents first.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It may be that the volume is not mounted successfully, please try to reboot the device, and do not put the old hard disk in HDD1.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)