Recycle bin retention is not working volume is filling up

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
snapperheadjoeTM

Recycle bin retention is not working volume is filling up

Post by snapperheadjoeTM »

The recycle bin doesn't seem to be deleting files past the retention period that is set. I have retention set between 10 and 30 days on respective shares and I see files in the recycle bin of all my shares that are far older than the retention limit. For example the backups share (containing all PC and server backups) has a retention of 30 days however I see files that are 90 days old in these recycle bin folders.

I can manually delete the files which clears up space on the volume but the whole point is to have the NAS manage that automatically. I created a Powershell script to run daily and delete files 30 days and older from Backups\#Recycle but this creates other problems as the script seems to break permissions on some of the folders and they become orphaned. I have to Putty into the TNAS and manually delete folders or use the management console to do it. It is very frustrating. Is there a service that controls this retention or something I can fix to get this to work?

I'm running the latest version of TOS. Terror Master support said in another thread that this issue would be resolved with the firmware released in July or August 2021 it clearly has not been resolved because it is still occurring on the most current firmware released in January 2022 I'm running with this configuration.
F4-210
TOS 4.2.28
4 drives RAID5 12TB
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Recycle bin retention is not working volume is filling up

Post by TMSupport »

Thank you for your feedback, and we will verify it soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
firedrakes

Post by firedrakes »

before (raid/drive going)
that happen to me to.
snapperheadjoeTM

Post by snapperheadjoeTM »

TMSupport wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 21:58 Thank you for your feedback, and we will verify it soon.
This was posted in February and the issue still is not fixed. Retention policy still doesn't work and not cleanup is being done. I"ve had to create a powershell script that runs once a month to cleanup the NAS share myself since it looks like TerraMaster doesn't have any interest in fixed the problem themselves.