SSD Cache doesnt work

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
crisisacting

Re: SSD Cache doesnt work

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}antislow
Just noticed your prior post within the thread. Check this post for their verified drives.
antislow

Post by antislow »

{L_BUTTON_AT}crisisacting

Thanks for the link, I guess I will take a chance on getting a verified drive and testing. I tried the 3 below (as I had them kicking around) and they did not work. They would show up under hard drives, but could not create a volume nor use them for SSD cache (which is what I would like to use it for).
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

antislow wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 05:41 Thanks for the link, I guess I will take a chance on getting a verified drive and testing. I tried the 3 below (as I had them kicking around) and they did not work. They would show up under hard drives, but could not create a volume nor use them for SSD cache (which is what I would like to use it for).
All the verified compatible ones are DRAM cached as well as similarly NVMe 1.3/PCIe 3.0 ×4 to the ones you tested (& already own), so maybe hold off on buying from their list as it seems more like a software issue keeping yours from working than a hardware one, which could be resolved in future updates.

Also, those Amazon URLs don't need the

Code: Select all

/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
part, unless you like being tracked & sending information to whichever search engine or tracker that is the referrer.
antislow

Post by antislow »

{L_BUTTON_AT}crisisacting

Thanks for the heads up on the links. Seems like I can't edit the post unfortunately to remove the tracking bits. Maybe an admin would be so kind to edit to remove the tracking portion of the links?

I did end up buying a 500g Crucial P2, as it seemed like all the P2 lines shared the same chips, etc. and was on sale. Going to install and test tonight. But hopefully they're able to fix the software and I can swap in my 2TB NVMe at some point.