Changing Drive Location

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
lads2000

Changing Drive Location

Post by lads2000 »

Hi
I have an F5 221 set up with 2x10TB drives, when I first set these up I set them in drives bays 1 and 3, to ensure there was space for air between the two. I have these in a RAID 1 configuration. I would like to change the bays to 1 and 5 so that there is maximum air between the drives. I cannot see a way to do this and retain my data.

I am not the most technical person so step by step would be helpful. My drives are getting full so I would like to add a further 2 drives at some point and ideally, these would go into bays 2 and 4 leaving 3 to allow for cooling.

I am sure there is a really easy way to do this, I am just unable to figure out how.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Changing Drive Location

Post by TMzethar »

The position of your disk will not affect the array and data, you can put the 3rd disk into the 5th disk when you shut down. After restarting, it will not have any effect.
For new drives, you can enter them while TNAS is running. Go to Control Panel - Storage Pools (Create Pool) - Volumes (Create File System Volume) and create a new shared folder that belongs to the new volume.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)