USB Access

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
mikcheka

USB Access

Post by mikcheka »

I have 2 USB external hard drives that successfully connected to my F2-221 and show in file manager as USBSHARE1 / USBSHARE2.

My problem is that I can't give permission to users to access the USB drives. Only admins have access, all others are automatically denied.

Why cant this be changed?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: USB Access

Post by TMSupport »

Only the admin users could access the USB share. other users cannot see it. Your requirement will be added to the development list.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
UncleJohnsBand

Post by UncleJohnsBand »

Glad I found this post. Spent the last day trying to figure out why only the admin account has access to USB and there is no way to grant access to other users.

Please do fix.
UncleJohnsBand

Post by UncleJohnsBand »

Why was this issue not addressed in 4.24 release?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, only the admin group users could access the external USB drives. Other users could not see it for the time being. I will transfer this request to the tech dept., and they will consider it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
UncleJohnsBand

Post by UncleJohnsBand »

Consider it? You should be able to asign users or groups to it as I the owner see fit.

Maybe I want to restrict to only admins...but maybe I don't. I don't want that decision forced on me.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Ok, will transfer the request to the tech dept. and they will consider it.
UncleJohnsBand

Post by UncleJohnsBand »

Still not seeing this functionality in the latest 4.27 release. Has this been "considered" yet?

Again, I don't think limiting USB access to Admin users is a best user experience and Admins should be able to grant access to non-Admin users on the network.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It's has not been done yet. Sorry for keeping you waiting.
UncleJohnsBand

Post by UncleJohnsBand »

This is not in 4.3 and just looked at the 4.4 beta and I do not see it listed there.

Are they going to actually do this change?