Trying to upgrade disks

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
caleb2003

Trying to upgrade disks

Post by caleb2003 »

Hi, I'm trying to increase capacity in my F2-210 after having a problem updating firmware and a tech logged in and said the HDs were on the way out.
I have 2 1TBs and have purchased 2 3TBs so have followed the instructions from here viewtopic.php?f=75&t= to increase Online RAID Expansion.

So I follow that and replace 1 drive with the 3tb and do the expansion successfully but then put the other 3tb in and take the old 1tb out and try to increase again but despite confirm it nothing happens. It also doesn't do anything if i try to repair raid at that point also. If I then reboout with the 3tb alone in, it just goes to initialize and format the drive.

Hope I've explained it well. any ideas?
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: Trying to upgrade disks

Post by TMnorah »

Hi!Please refer to the following link and try again: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1543
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
caleb2003

Post by caleb2003 »

TMnorah wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 13:48 Hi!Please refer to the following link and try again: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1543
Thats the link I quoted above myself, it's not working. I do the expansion for 1 larger drive and then take out the old smaller drive and put another new bigger drive in but then try the expansion and nothing happens I get the same problem if I do a repair instead.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! If necessary, you can write an email and let our engineers repair it for you remotely.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)