NAS reset after extending volume size?

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
trebleninenine

NAS reset after extending volume size?

Post by trebleninenine »

I had 3 x 2 TB drives running in a RAID 5 on my F4-210. I added another 2 TB drive (same model as the others) but was unable to extend my existing volume using the control panel after letting the drives synchronise for a day.

I came across another thread in the forum that recommended accessing root via SSH and running the following command:

lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/vg1/lv1

I modified this command to better suit my own needs (as I was trying to modify volume #1):

lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/vg0/lv0

It returned a message letting me know my volume's capacity had been increased, and so I restarted the machine. However, now the problem is that upon rebooting, the NAS brings up the startup wizard and prompts me to create a new admin account and storage pool, which, as you can imagine, would erase my current one. I do not want to do this. As far as I am aware, I am not able to get past the startup wizard, rendering my NAS unusable for the time being. I am also worried as I do not want to lose the data on the drives.
Capture.PNG
(13.23 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: NAS reset after extending volume size?

Post by TMnorah »

Hello!
This may be because your file system was not successfully mounted, or the file system is damaged. This needs to be checked. Please restart and try again. If it still fails,please contact support team to confirm it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
trebleninenine

Re: NAS reset after extending volume size?

Post by trebleninenine »

Have restarted multiple times and nothing has changed unfortunately... Have reached out to the team via the support email for the mean time.