Importing existing disks into a new system

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
a93h201

Importing existing disks into a new system

Post by a93h201 »

My f4-220 won't boot any more. Looks like hardware failure.
I've tried all the fixes.

If I get another terramaster Nas will the drive's automatically import or is there a process to go through to get them to import?

Does it need to be the same model or could I replace with another model ie f4-210 or f5-221 as the f4-220 is not available to order.

Thanks
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Importing existing disks into a new system

Post by TMroy »

Your F4-220 is x.86 architecture, F4-210 is not supported because of different architecture, F5-221 is recommended, just plug in your prevous drives and they will work(if your drives are healthy).
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mbram

Post by mbram »

Hej,

I got the same problem and purchased now a F5-221 to restore my 4 disks from a F4-220.
At initialisation I am asked "how to initialise" automatic or manually. On Manually I get the warning that my disks will be formatted.
Please advise how to initialise a new F5-221 with an old raid disks from an F4-220.

Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}mbram

Hi! Did you insert all the hard drives and then turn on the NAS? If you turn on the nas first and then insert the hard drive, it will reinstall the system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mbram

Post by mbram »

Hi,

Did you insert all the hard drives and then turn on the NAS?
- I followed the instruction, boot up the system and then installed the disks.

If you turn on the nas first and then insert the hard drive, it will reinstall the system.
- Do I understand correctly, that your recommendation is, to insert the disks before powering/booting up the system?
mbram

Post by mbram »

Great,

I installed the disks first and boot up the system.
Now I am not in the "blank" initialisation screen, but instead I am within the TOS system. After setting my password and mail, the next page is another initialisation screen, showing my 4 disks and asking me to set up a Raid 5.
Can I do this safely or will this delete my disks?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}mbram

Hi! RAID did not mount successfully. Please stop and contact our tech team to have a remote session.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)