Raid Changed to JBOD after new drive installed

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
tattoopup

Raid Changed to JBOD after new drive installed

Post by tattoopup »

Hi

Sorry if i have posted in the wrong area, I am new to this and am pulling my hair out with stress over this situation! I'll explain the best I can.

I have an F5-221, originally 4 bays had drives in them (2x6TB spanned), 1x 5TB and 1x2TB...

So, yesterday I went out and purchased 2x10TB drives to put in it, one of them was to replace the 2TB (in bay 4) and the other was for bay 5...so, you'd end up with;
1x6TB
1x6TB
1x5TB
1x10TB
1x10TB

Sounds simple, right - nope!! I deleted the volume for the 2TB drive, took out the drive, installed a 10TB drive then noticed the following;

TNAS desktop software says 'search completed. 0 TNAS devices found in total.'
then when I log into TOS and go to the volumes BOTH the spanned volumes (2x6TB) and the 5TB volumes now have 'raid error' in red next to them.

I can access the drives to copy stuff off BUT i am having to copy stuff to the new 10TB drives (which I have set up as single disk) as I have nowhere else to back stuff up to!! Please can someone advise me what to do, am I at risk of losing data from the errored volumes? Do i need to start from scratch, format everything and lose the lot? Can anything be recovered etc etc etc?

Please, if someone could let me know before I lose the will to live lol.

Martin.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Raid Changed to JBOD after new drive installed

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Before replacing the hard drive, what RAID is your device?
It is recommended to use hard drives with same brand, similar models and capacities when you build a RAID.
The following articles may be helpful to you.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1543
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1542
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1236
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)