Have I just deleted all my data???

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
kosymodo

Have I just deleted all my data???

Post by kosymodo »

Hi folks

I've had my F2-210 running for a few weeks now. All running well until now. However, today I decided to attach my external USB drive, and to transfer the photos I had on there onto my NAS. I installed USB Copy, and set the task to mirror my USB drive to a folder named Photos on the NAS. Issue being that it's now seemingly deleted the contents of the Photos folder, rather than adding the USB's photos to the folder.

Have I really in the space of like 20 seconds of whirring, managed to delete all the photos I had in the Photos folder???

The NAS is set as a RAID 1 storage pool (2x 2TB drives).

If I really have just done the unthinkable, is there any way I can undo the changes/recover the photos?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Have I just deleted all my data???

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry to hear that, the mirror backup method will overwrite all the contents of the destination folder while backing up the data. You can try to find a professional data recovery company.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)