peterp1908

HDD Scans completed/stopped but no results

Post by peterp1908 »

Hello,

Device: TM F5-221.
TOS: v. 4.2.14-2106221502-P1.10
HDDs: 4x4TB HDD & 1x500GB SSD for cache
RAM: 10GB

My HDDs are all from the TM approved hardware list; however, as they are all repurposed from a previous NAS, I have run bad block scans on them.

I monitored the scans on an ad-hoc basis and saw the progress percentage gradually increasing, although I never saw them actually complete. Now, all the scans have apparently completed (or stopped) but I can't find any results. There is no link to the results and nothing in the notifications.

Where do I find the scan logs?

Thank you.
titanrx8

Re: HDD Scans completed/stopped but no results

Post by titanrx8 »

I've experienced the same, never reporting that the scan was completed but it's obvious from the lack of disk activity that nothing is happening anymore.

Would be nice to know where the scan logs can be found.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! It is recommended to use professional tools, and you can refer to the article.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1125
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
peterp1908

Post by peterp1908 »

Thank you for the reply. But that leads to two issues ...

1. I don't have the available hardware / drive enclosures to be able take my drives out of my NAS and attach them to another computer to do the drive scans. That's what I purchased my F5-221 in the first place. And even if I did, that potentially means having my NAS out of operation for the 24 plus hours that a bad block scan would take for each 4TB HDD.

2. Why do you have a drive bad block scanning tool as part of your software if we are not supposed to use it?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}peterp1908

Thank you for the feedback, we have added this issue in the repair plan.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

peterp1908 wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 17:41 2. Why do you have a drive bad block scanning tool as part of your software if we are not supposed to use it?
This right here. I know the fsck program works fine under OpenWRT, so there needs to be an improvement made to the one shipped with TOS.