Unable to create Volume

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Greysteele

Unable to create Volume

Post by Greysteele »

I have set up a new F2-210 with 2x Ironwolf 4TB drives, both set as single drives.
Both drives show as good, and I have Storage Pool #1 on HDD1 & Storage Pool #2 on HDD2.
However, I only have Volume #2 on Storage Pool #2, and no volume on Storage Pool #1.
In Control Panel -> Storage Manager -> Volume, the “Create” button is grayed out.
How can I create a Volume #1 on Storage Pool #1?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Unable to create Volume

Post by TMSupport »

We need to remotely check it. Please confirm the remote session with support.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Greysteele

Post by Greysteele »

I was hoping someone knowledgeable could offer advice without accessing my system.
I'm reluctant to admit strangers to my system. I tried to send the analysis dump file with my problem report, as instructed by your software, but your email system won't accept attachments. Perhaps if you could give me way to send the file, that would allow the problem to be solved?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It's never been reported that volume could be created on this storage pool but failed on that one. We can't get to the reason just according to the description.
You may try with a different browser or reinstall the TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Greysteele

Post by Greysteele »

You didn't answer my question: Can you use the diagnostic data that your software generated, and I was directed to send to you to facilitate a solution, to solve this problem?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

We may have some clues if there is error prompt in the generated system report. Please send us by email, or a link which we can download it from.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

Greysteele wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 11:36 I'm reluctant to admit strangers to my system.
but you use strangers Systems and maybe in their software are some codes wich send data from your system to them... :lol:

Believe me, you can trust their remote help, it's only a one time session. I had once a problem and they helped me in 10 minutes. So give them a try, they are professionals!
Greysteele

Post by Greysteele »

I've emailed a link to the generated system report file so hopefully that will yield some clues. I've tried accessing the NAS control panel via Firefox and Chrome, neither allow me to create a new volume. I tried a factory reset before seeking help, so the TOS has already been reinstalled once.