Bad Block Scan Never Completed

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Saijin_Naib

Bad Block Scan Never Completed

Post by Saijin_Naib »

I issued two Bad Block Scans against my Crucial MX500 2TB SSDs to ensure they were proper before beginning to store data on them.

Eventually, the TOS Notification Center alerted me in the UI (and via e-mail) that the jobs had completed.

TOP shows that the jobs are in fact no longer running, but the TOS UI shows the drives stuck at 99.99% scanned.
Screenshot 2021-06-28 183651.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Bad Block Scan Never Completed

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for the report, we will verify it here first.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport

Same here. Installed new 6tb WD Red on 4.2.14 and started the bad block check. In the Hard Disk page of the Control Panel it never issued a complete message, only in the Notifications on the TOS home page.
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
Glad that someone was able to reproduce. Did you happen to check TOP? It should have exited cleanly and should not be there anymore, either.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It will be fixed in next release.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport
Thanks for the confirmation! Looking forward to this release!
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
Saijin_Naib wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 05:56 Glad that someone was able to reproduce. Did you happen to check TOP? It should have exited cleanly and should not be there anymore, either.
I did not. My system has daily scheduled power cycle and I only saw the Notifications message in the log a day or 2 later. On the same subject, whenever I open the hard disk page of the Control panel, it always says Testing even though I didn't start the test and it isn't actually testing. This has been the case for every version of TOS I have used in the last 2 years.
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
I saw that as well, but the behavior was quite different when I was using a test 64GB Samsung Evo 830 SSD. It would show Testing... for about a minute and then it would show "Passed", I believe.

Perhaps our larger RAID volumes take too much time for this to actually occur. It would seem that this behavior might need to be adjusted somehow.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
Saijin_Naib wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 22:40 I saw that as well, but the behavior was quite different when I was using a test 64GB Samsung Evo 830 SSD. It would show Testing... for about a minute and then it would show "Passed", I believe. Perhaps our larger RAID volumes take too much time for this to actually occur. It would seem that this behavior might need to be adjusted somehow.
TM support has actually told me to use 3rd party scans instead of the TOS provided scan. I didn't save the chat and don't recall the specific product recommended. The SMART reports on all my WD Reds are always good.
peterp1908

Post by peterp1908 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
They have just said the same thing to me. See "viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2242&view=unread#p12101".