Data Layout

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
sianderson
Great Britain

Data Layout

Post by sianderson »

Hi all, hopefully the right place to post this, didnt find an exact match, but just opening up a discussion (not issue) about what people think the best layout of data is and pros / cons of doing so

so this is for home usage not business so security between people isnt needed, i currently have about 8 shared folders to separate different things on the nas drive, but this means 8 different usb copy tasks to back them all up etc and then having to delete and re-create them everytime the USB destination changes etc

what would be the impact if i only had one shared folder and then used folders for the individual "shared folders", i would still map drives to the folders so our computers would see individual drives like they currently do

does it sound better to simplyfy it? or am i asking for trouble?
F2-210

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Data Layout

Post by TMSupport »

It sounds good to create only one shared folder and create different sub folders to separate different things.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)