Is It Possible To Add Single Drive as a Continuation Of Previous Drive

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
petera209

Is It Possible To Add Single Drive as a Continuation Of Previous Drive

Post by petera209 »

I have the F4-210 and when I set it up I only added one 16TB drive so I configured it as a Single Drive. Today I am adding a second drive and I was wondering if it is possible to configure it as additional storage to the first drive, so that when I add new files I am only dealing with the original drive folders and not a completely new set of folders on the second drive.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Is It Possible To Add Single Drive as a Continuation Of Previous Drive

Post by TMSupport »

Single drive could be migrated to RAID1 without losing data in the existing Single drive. And you can add new files only dealing with the original drive folders and not a completely new set of folders on the second drive.
If you want to configure other RAID mode with the new added drive, the data in Single would be erased.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
fishpolo94

Post by fishpolo94 »

What if I do not want a RAID 1.
I have 4TB currently and want to add the second 4TB. But I want 8TB of storage, not a RAID 1 array.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You can configure them as RAID0 or JBOD, the two HDDs will be a storage pool with total capacity as 8TB. But the data would be erased, you have to backup your data prior to RAID migration.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)