TerraMaster F2-210 adding second hard drive

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
southern_blue

TerraMaster F2-210 adding second hard drive

Post by southern_blue »

Hi Guys,
After 2 weeks of using the above have realized a single drive does not provide the reliability and backup I need, therefore have bought second identical Seagate 4TB Iron Wolf drive. What should I be aware of when I install it and configure it? I want a RAID 1 configuration. Will I lose my existing music files on the first drive that I have already uploaded? I'm using my TerraMaster F2-210 as a NAS for my music library in connection with SONOS. Thanks guys for any help you can give me as I'm a tad new to the game!
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: TerraMaster F2-210 adding second hard drive

Post by sianderson »

I haven’t got around to putting a second one in mine yet but have a daily usb back up

I believe you can just put the hard drive in the second bay and then go through the admin and upgrade it to a raid array

It should keep all your data so shouldn’t have any problems
F2-210

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You can insert the new drive at power on stage, please refer to this link for detailed instructions:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1544
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
southern_blue

Post by southern_blue »

Thanks for your advice guys. I did the deed this morning and everything seems to be going well so far! After 4 and a half hours it is still 54.3% rebuilding. Send you an update when it's done.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Ok, keep us informed if any updates.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

southern_blue wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 20:56 Thanks for your advice guys. I did the deed this morning and everything seems to be going well so far! After 4 and a half hours it is still 54.3% rebuilding. Send you an update when it's done.
please tell me its not still rebuilding?
F2-210