New drive not showing

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
itma

New drive not showing

Post by itma »

I initially set up my T2-210 with one drive as RAID 0.

Today I added a second drive and, although the light for the second disk is on, I can't see the disk in TOS Control Panel. For initialization, instructions prompted me to go to Control Panel/Storage Manager/RAID and select Create. But there is no RAID section there, per the attached screen shot.

What am I doing wrong?
TM-Disk.JPG
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: New drive not showing

Post by TMSupport »

May I know how you added the new drive?
The new HDD should be inserted when TNAS is turned on, and it will be listed under HDD of Storage Manager at TOS Control Panel. Then please go to Storage pool - click Edit if you want to configure RAID for your two drives, the data in the first HDD will not be deleted if you configure RAID1. Or you can click Create if you want to configure the new HDD as Single too.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
itma

Post by itma »

Thanks for your rapid response.1. The second disk was plugged in with TNAS powered up. I am new to this area of computing so please excuse me if I am asking very basic questions,

2. In Storage Pool, only Delete is accessible. Create and Edit are greyed out per the following screen shot.
TM-Disk2.JPG
3. In the Volumes section, only one HDD is shown. should the second be visible here, even if it is not active?
TM-Disk3.JPG
TM-Disk3.JPG (24.19 KiB) Viewed 3813 times
4. I have had trouble with this disk in the past. Is it likely that, given the above, the TNAS is not recognizing it? Also, the two disks have different capacities, 1TB for the running disk and 2TB for the disk I am trying to add. Is this OK? Perhaps I should take another look at it, although it was working well when I formatted and tested it this morning on a Windows 10 PC.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please turn off the device, pull out the 2nd drive and reboot your TNAS. You can login to TOS first and then insert the 2nd drive back. And check whether it's listed under HDD- Storage manager.
If yes, you can go to Storage pool - click Edit/Create to configure it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
itma

Post by itma »

I did as you suggested without success so I pulled the disk and ran diagnostics. It is dead.

I have decided to retire the 1TB drive that is OK and replace it with a pair of 4TB drives. (I do a lot of video and photography, so the additional storage will be useful.) Hopefully things will go better this next time.

Many thanks for your help.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Ok, keep us informed if any updates.
mallcgai

Post by mallcgai »

Hi Lightstream, you need to reset your PC because a necessary drive partition is missing. To do that, you need to change active partition and enter these commands in Command Prompt: “diskpart” > “list disk”. Now choose the particular disk and input “list partition”. Here later, choose the specific partition, and select partition 0. After all of that, mark it active partition and utilize “active” and hit “Enter”. In the end write “exit” to exit “diskpart” and Command Prompt. Learn more through https://appuals.com/fix-unable-to-reset-your-pc-a-required-drive-partition-is-missing/ this link. You can also try out SFC soluton. This can be done by the snap-in tool- System File Checker (SFC) so just get access to Command Prompt and utilize “sfc scannow” command line.