Folders...

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
ridinghero1990

Folders...

Post by ridinghero1990 »

I have a 4 bay F4-210 but only one bay occupied with a 12TB Iron Wolf NAS hard drive. I use the NAS for Plex. I'm confused about folder structure. The folders of my hard drive show at top level: my admin folder, cool stuff (i put certain things in here), appdata, and public. inside public are my plex folders. i don't know why i set my plex folders into public or why a public folder is there anyway. should my plex folders even be in public or the top level? can i change this? thanks.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Folders...

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Do you want to store plex folders elsewhere?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
ridinghero1990

Post by ridinghero1990 »

not necessarily... might add another 12tb hard drive or get a usb hard drive and use usb copy to copy the content. is there any problem with my plex folders and the majority of my files being stored in public/plex?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

No problem, but it depends on where you want to put them.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
ridinghero1990

Post by ridinghero1990 »

why would they be in public anyway? does terramaster software create a public folder when you set up the hard drive? i can't remember how it worked.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Can you take a screenshot to illustrate?
The public and appdata folders are system public folders.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

The public folder is set up automatically by TOS. What's your issue? The name? Pretty sure you can rename it. If you can't rename it you can still set the privileges so it's only accessible by your authorized users.